Bonita Unified School District Code of Discipline
In addition to the above, Education Code 48915 specifies certain offenses that are normally recommended for expulsion:
48915(a) The principal shall recommend expulsion unless deemed inappropriate for the following:
- Causing serious physical injury to another person except in self-defense.
B. Possession of any knife, explosive, or other dangerous object of no reasonable use to the pupil.
C. Unlawful possession of any controlled substance, as defined in Chapter 2 Division 10 of the Health and Safety Code.
D. Robbery or extortion.
E. Assault or battery upon any school employee.
48915(c) The principal shall recommend expulsion for the following:
- Possessing, selling or otherwise furnishing a firearm.
2. Brandishing a knife at another person.
3. Unlawfully selling a controlled substance.
4. Committing or attempting to commit a sexual assault or committing a sexual battery.
5. Possession of an explosive
- Any explosive (M-80 or larger), incendiary or poison gas.
b. A weapon which can expel a projectile.